MANUFACTURING THEIR OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BASEPATHS, TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS CAGE THE CARDINALS AT ROTARY PARK TO EARN THEIR SECOND VICTORY OF THE EBA SELECT LOOP SEASONGame Post composed with file from Marco Bianchi.
Beneath a sheath of sunny and hazy skies, our Toronto Playgrounds Mosquito Selects defeated the Royal York Cardinals 8-3 in six innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select Loop action this afternoon at Rotary Park.
Here are the highlights:
- TP Mosquito Select starter Jamie (52) pitched two scoreless frames while striking out two Cardinals.
- TP catcher Jude (3) threw out a Royal York baserunner attempting to steal second during an efficient ten pitch second inning thrown by starter Jamie.
- Toronto Playgrounds produced an 8-0 lead before the bottom of the fourth thanks to a five run offensive explosion in the top of the fourth.
- The Mosquito Selects offensive surge was capped off by a two RBI triple by Charlie (19). Subsequently, Cameron (26) followed up with a run scoring single.
- Royal York broke through in the bottom of the fourth with three runs, thanks largely to some balls finding holes. However, TP reliever Charlie induced the Cardinals batters into lots of weak contact to limit the damage to only three runs.
- TP was active and aggressive on the basepaths, helping to manufacture runs when the game was still close in the first three innings.
After a lengthy sojourn on the road, the TP Mosquito Selects (2-1) return to home to Christie Pits Diamond 2 this Sunday, May 31 to play host to the Bloordale Bombers at 6:00 p.m.