TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS, TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS STARCH THE WHITE SOX AT CHRISTIE PITS TO EARN ITS SECOND EBA SELECT VICTORY OF THE SEASON
Beneath a blanket of warm skies, the Toronto Playgrounds Major Peewee Selects defeated the Martingrove White Sox 10-4 in 5 ½ innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Here is brief summary of the proceedings courtesy of Vincent Lynch:
TP won its second game of the EBA Select season with a convincing 10-4 effort versus Martingrove.
- The TP attack was powered by a 4 RBI effort at the dish by Taio (1), who drove in a pair of runs with a home run in the first inning; a RBI single in the second; and a solo home run shot in the fourth.
- TP took an early 2-0 lead in the first. Jackson’s (8) ground out scored one run.
- After the White Sox rallied to tie the game 2-2 in the top of the second, the TP Major Peewee Selects took the lead for good with four run uprising in the bottom half of the second. Jude (3) stroked a RBI single; Daniel (46) drew a bases loaded RBI walk; a ground out by Jackson scored a run: and a RBI single by Taio brought home a run.
- TP used its speed to put pressure on the Martingrove defence as they stole eight bases during the game. Three TP players stole more than one base with Jackson leading the way with two.
- TP would add a run in the third and tack on three insurance runs in the fourth to salt the game away.
- Martingrove tore up the base paths, as two players stole at least two bases. Michael (15) led the way with two.
- Refusing to surrender, the pesky White Sox would rally with two runs in the top of the fifth to draw within six. However, TP would eventually douse the comeback and seal the deal on the victory.
The TP Major Peewee Selects (2-0) continue their homestand at Christie Pits Diamond 2 when they host the Bloordale Gold at Christie Pits Diamond 2 next Wednesday, May 24 at 7:00 p.m.