THE RIVERDOGS PREVAIL OVER TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS AT DOMINICO FIELD AT CHRISTIE PITS
Beneath a ceiling of genteel evening skies, the York Riverdogs defeated the Toronto Playgrounds Bantam Selects 10-2 in six innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select action this evening at Dominico Field at Christie Pits.
Here is a brief summary of the proceedings courtesy of Bill Evans:
- Although York topped TP 10-2, the lopsided final result did not reflect the true nature of the game.
- In a nail biter, the Riverdogs held a wafer thin 2-1 lead until the fourth before tagging on three more to increase their advantage to 5-1.
- After TP got one back in the bottom of the fourth to trim the shortfall to three, York exploded for five insurance runs in the top of the sixth to pull away.
- TP starter Alden pitched three strong innings and was relieved by both Ben and Harris who also pitched well.
- TP catcher Alex Warren did yeoman’s work for the team and called the entire game behind the dish.
- Alex Hill lead the offence with two great hits and scored both of TP’s runs against the Riverdogs.
- TP was proud to return Select Bantam Baseball to Christie Pits after a lengthy four year hiatus.
- Both umpires did a great job during the proceeding and represented our TP umpiring union with the utmost professionalism.