TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS GROUND THE CARDINALS AT CHRISTIE PITS TO EARN ITS SIXTH EBA SELECT VICTORY OF THE SEASON
Beneath a blanket of warm and serene summer skies, the Toronto Playgrounds Minor Peewee Selects defeated the Royal York Girl Cardinals 27-1 in three innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
The proceeding was a lopsided affair with TP dominating the Cardinals from start to finish.
Here is a brief recap:
- TP starter Solly (27) struck out two in the top of the first to retire Royal York in 1-2-3 fashion.
- After issuing a one out walk, Solly would combine with first baseman Kieran (18) to pick off Molly (11) of the Cardinals to chalk up the second out of the inning.
- In the bottom of the first, TP would send fourteen batters to the plate and utilize a nine hit barrage to stake themselves to an early 9-0 lead.
- After a leadoff double by Jordan (10), Solly was hit by pitch to put two aboard. Oliver (9) followed with a 2 RBI double to plate Jordan and Solly.
- With one out and a runner on base, Charlie (7) mashed a RBI triple to bring Oliver home.
- Theo (17) followed with a RBI single to bring Charlie homeward.
- Following a walk to Liam (26) that put two on board, Noah (23) delivered a 2 RBI single that allowed Charlie and Liam to motor home.
- Cooper (2) followed with a RBI single to plate Noah.
- After Vince (19) garnered a walk to put two on, Brayden (33) stroked a two out RBI single to bring Cooper home.
- With two mallards on the lake, Ezra (24) delivered a RBI single to score Vince.
- Royal York would tally a run in the top of the second to trim the deficit to eight. With a Cardinals runner on second base, Gillian (23) would stroke a two out single. On the play, TP would commit an error that allowed Tia (3) to score from third.
- TP starter Solly would strike out three in the second to subdue the Cardinals insurgency.
- In the bottom of the frame, TP would dispatch a conga line procession of fifteen batters to the dish. Combining a serving of seven hits with a dessert of four walks, TP scored another nine to extend their lead to 18-1.
- Following a leadoff single by Solly, Kieran stroked a one out RBI single to bring him home to roost.
- After respective singles by Charlie and Theo loaded the bases, Liam delivered a RBI single to plate Kieran.
- With the bases juiced to the gills, Noah powered a two RBI double that allowed Charlie and Theo to come homeward to do the jitterbug.
- Following a two out walk by Vince that reloaded the bases, Camille (11), Brayden and Ezra would garner consecutive RBI walks to bring Liam, Noah and Vince home to perform the watusi.
- With the bases still loaded, Jordan would be hit by pitch and that allowed Camille to shimmy homeward. Solly would follow with a bases loaded RBI single to plate Brayden.
In the top half of the inning, Royal York would threaten by loading the bases. However, TP reliever Kieran (18) would strike out three Cardinals to leave them stranded.
- TP would send twelve batters to the plate in the bottom of the third and add nine insurance runs to salt the game away.
- After a leadoff walk by Kieran and a single by Charlie, Theo would draw a walk to load the bases. Liam would follow with a RBI walk to plate Kieran.
- With the bases juiced to overflowing, Noah would be hit by pitch to force home Charlie.
- Cooper would follow with a bases loaded RBI walk that allowed Theo to come homeward and do the twist.
- Vince would stroke a bases loaded RBI single to score Liam.
- Noah and Cooper would steal home respectively to score another two runs.
- After Brayden and Ezra walked with one out to reload the bases, Jordan hit into a fielder’s choice to bring Vince home
- With two outs and two aboard, Solly delivered a two RBI triple to deliver Brayden and Ezra home.
The TP Minor Peewee Selects (6-1) continue their homestand at Christie Pits Diamond 2 next Wednesday, June 28 when they host the Martingrove White Sox at 7:00 p.m.