THE TP BANTAM INTERLOCK TEAM PREVAIL 13-3 OVER THE REXDALE RENEGADES AT SUNNYDALE ACRES PARK TO TAKE HOME THE ETOBICOKE BASEBALL ASSOCIATION BANTAM INTERLOCK CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT TITLETournament Post composed with file from Paul Kelly. Collage Photographs courtesy of Michael McKinnon.
Beneath a gentle blanket of warm summer skies, the Toronto Playgrounds Bantam Interlock Team defeated the Rexdale Renegades 13-3 in a 4 ½ inning tournament final this evening at Sunnydale Acres Park to win the 2018 Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Bantam Interlock Championship Game.
Here are a few highlights:
- Both teams turned a double play in the final game.
- TP catcher Jude (3) threw a Rexdale baserunner out at first base while lying on his back.
- TP starter Savannah (11) pitched three solid innings against the Renegades while allowing only two runs. Savannah pitched a total of nine innings during the tournament while surrendering only four earned runs.
- It was TP’s first foray into house-level interlock play.
- Other tournament participants were Martingrove (two teams) and Weston.
- Rexdale were very good hosts.
The battle for the championship title began on Tuesday evening when Rexdale fired the first salvo by prevailing over TP 5-3 in a five inning affair.
With their backs against the wall, TP rebounded on Wednesday night with a 10-7 victory over the Renegades to force a one game winner take all showdown for the championship title.
The TP Baseball Committee wishes to congratulate TP Bantam Interlock Head Coach Paul Kelly and Assistant Coach Michael Tutton for their fortitude and patience in steering these talented Bantam Interlock players to championship glory at the EBA Bantam Interlock Championship playoff tournament.
The Committee also wishes to commend all the Bantam Interlock players, coaches and parents for representing the core values of the Toronto Playgrounds Baseball program with honour, dignity and professionalism both on and off the diamond at the tournament and throughout the 2018 season.
WAY TO GO, TP!