REFUSING TO ACCEPT THEIR FATE, THE O’s STAGE A SIX RUN COMEBACK IN THE FINAL INNING TO TOP THE LIZZIES
Game Report compiled with files from David Goldberg and David Lam
Under quaint summer evening skies at Christie Pits Diamond 2 tonight, the Orioles rallied from a five run deficit in the final inning to usurp the Lizzies 11-10 in four innings of exciting, barn burning Peewee Division nightcap action.
Staring into the jaws of defeat, the Orioles refused to accept their fate and exercised great discipline at the plate in the bottom of the fourth to score six runs to topple the Lizzies. A combination of walks and key hits by Leo (7) and Luke (5) allowed the O’s to erase the deficit. With the bases loaded, Connor (12) drew a walk that brought in the Orioles winning run.
Here are the highlights:
- The Lizzies jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in the top of the first. However, Orioles starter Leo (7) tossed a solid inning in limiting the potent Go Go Lizzies offense to one run.
- After the O’s tied the proceedings in the bottom of the first, the Lizzies scored three in the top of the second to surge ahead 4-1. Propelling the Lizzies offense were key hits by Marcus (9), John (3) and Harry (6). The key blow was a 2 RBI double by John.
- The Orioles rallied for three runs in the bottom of the second to tie the game 4-4. Sparking the O’s offense were key hits from Clyde (10) and Leo.
- Lizzies reliever John (3) pitched a solid third inning in limiting the Orioles to one run.
- Luke and Leo of the Orioles collected 2 RBI’s each.
- The Lizzies built a 10-5 lead after 3 ½ innings of play.
- Lizzies Interim Coach David Goldberg named John (3) the team’s player of the game.
- Kudos to David Goldberg for vounteering his time to fill the Peewee Lizzies coaching vacancy. Lizzies Head Coach Ted Sharp and Assistant Coach Jerry Langton are currently on vaction.