IN A HOTLY CONTESTED AFFAIR, THE METROPOLITANS RALLY IN THE FINAL INNING FOR AN OPENING DAY VICTORY OVER THE RED BIRDS IN A THRILLING NIGHTCAP GAME AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Post composed with files from Andrew Parker & Kevin Hewitt.
Beneath a veil of serene skies this evening, the Mets edged the Cardinals 6-5 in four nail biting innings of Mosquito Division action under the lights at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Trailing in the bottom of the fourth, the Amazin’ Mets rallied in grand fashion to usurp the Cards. Joe of the Mets delivered a clutch 2 RBI hit to ignite the comeback. Subsequently, Joe would eventually come home with the Mets winning run.
Here are some additional game highlights:
- For so early in the season, it was a well played, hotly contested Mosquito Division game on Thursday night as the game was tight for the first couple of innings.
- Mets pitcher Alden was in stingy Cy Young mode as he mowed down most of the Cardinals batters that he faced.
- Alden of the Mets also smacked a deep dish pizza triple to centre in the bottom half of the first, cashing in two runs.
- First-time pitcher, Dylan, was also great on the mound for the Mets, throwing two strong innings.
- Eli and Dean were solid behind the plate for the Metropolitans, strapping on the catcher’s gear for the first time!
- The Cardinals received some solid pitching from their lineup.
- The Red Birds also received some timely Girl Power hits during the proceedings.
- Overall…an exciting game for the players, coaches and parents.