TIED 3-3, TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS SCORE THREE IN THE FINAL INNING TO TOP THE BOMBERS AND WIN THEIR SEVENTH EBA SELECT GAME OF THE SEASON AT MILLWOOD PARK
Game Post composed with file from Paul Renton.
Beneath a canopy of cool and quaint summer skies, our Toronto Playgrounds Major Peewee Selects defeated the Bloordale (2) Bombers 6-3 in five innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) action this evening at Millwood Park.
With the proceedings tied 3-3, Zack (32) delivered a clutch RBI double that propelled TP into a 4-3 lead. TP tacked on two additional insurance runs via a RBI from Cam (77) and a RBI single from Sasha (28).
TP closer Tyler (42) threw a 1-2-3 bottom of the fifth to seal the deal on a hard fought win on the road and their seventh victory of the EBA Select season.
Here are some additional highlights:
- The Major Peewees jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the top of the first inning.
- TP starter Cam held the Bombers off the scoresheet in the bottom of the first with a one strikeout effort.
- The Bloordale offense surges to life in the bottom of second as the Bombers score three to take a 3-2 lead.
- TP reliever Sasha enters the fray in the second to extinguish the Bloordale offensive uprising.
- TP reliever Jack H (27) pitches two scoreless innings and stymies the Bombers in the third and fourth.
- Adam (18), Max (17) and Zack turn a stellar 4-3-2 inning ending double play in the third.
- Troy (37) delivers a grace under pressure RBI single in the top of the fourth that allows TP to tie the game 3-3.
The Major Peewee Selects take a brief break from the EBA Select circuit this weekend when they travel to London, Ontario to participate in the Southwest London Major Peewee Select Tournament (July 11-13).
The Major Peewees (7-2) resume regular EBA Select play on Monday, July 14 when they return to Millwood Park to play against the Bloordale 1 Bombers at 6:15 p.m.