THE BLUE BIRDS NEUTRALIZE THE GO GO LIZZIES TO EARN THE GOLDEN EGG OF SWEET VICTORY AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Post composed with file from Bob Garden.
Beneath a canopy of breezy sumeresque skies, the Jays defeated the Lizzies 8-5 in 2 ½ innings of Peewee Division play this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
JAYS GAME SUMMARY by Bob Garden.
- The Jays received some great pitching in the first two innings from starter Adam (8) and reliever Jackson (14). Adam only allowed one run in the first inning and Jackson pitched a shut-out second inning.
- Taking flight, the Jays jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in the first. The inning started great with Christian (10) getting the lead-off walk and stealing his way to third. Connor (1) followed and delivered a RBI sacrifice hit that scored Christian. Later in the inning, Christian was up to bat again and got his own RBI as he hit a single that brought Jackson (14) home.
- The Jays had another big offensive display in the second to stretch their lead to 8-1. The frame was led by a uber monster triple by Adam. However, Adam was not satisfied with merely a triple, and when he caught the Lizzies defense napping, he decided to steal home before they were able to get set for the next batter.
- With an 8-1 lead, Jays reliever Christian (10) took the mound as the close out the game. However, the Lizzies bats surged to life as they had some great hits to score four and trim the deficit to three. But it was not enough as the Jays were able to preserve their lead and win the affair 8-5.
- Lizzies reliever Flynn (7) made her Peewee Division pitching debut in the second inning and had a very solid effort on the mound.